Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Aggression (Oatmeal) Cookies

This recipe is one I found online, although I can't remember where and have not been able to locate it again to give credit where it would be due. I have taken the basic recipe and done many things to it, as listed below.

Requested by many in the Baby Boot Camp classes I teach, here is the recipe to the cookies I brought to class:

Aggression Cookies
  • 6 cups rolled oats
  • 3 cups packed brown sugar
  • 3 cups butter
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
Put all ingredients in bowl. Mash, kneed, squeeze until lumps of butter are gone. Make into small balls and put on cookie sheet. Butter the bottom of a glass, dip in sugar, then flatten each cookie. Dip in sugar between each cookie. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Makes 15 dozen.

gina's adds: I've made this recipe into bars - just put the batter spread out to the edges in a cookie sheet and bake for a little longer. I've also added dried fruit and coconut to the mix. I use whole wheat flour, smart balance butter (and a little less than the recipe calls for - I also soften it in the microwave first), and used 10 grain or stone ground oatmeal instead of rolled oats. For the cookies I brought to class I used stone ground oatmeal, whole wheat flour and added a little bit of vanilla to the batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment